||Degree or Diploma
|Own transport required:
At MDOT we pride ourselves on being brand architects, design gurus and communication specialists! We’re people kind of people. We shoot from the hip, we don’t take chances or shortcuts, we price fairly, respect and enjoy our clients more like good mates and believe that a good, old-fashioned work ethic was, is, and will always be the way to go. Throw a healthy dollop of ethics and quality ‘nose to the grindstone’ on top of all of that and there you go – that’s MDOT – all the way since 2002!
We are on the hunt to fill the role of an account manager! If you are currently in an account management or account executive role in an agency are super talented, have relevant experience and looking for your next big break, this could be it!
If you are used to working on multiple client portfolios, across various industries and sectors, you can think strategically and can comfortably influence a client by taking a one-line request and developing it into a full end-to-end campaign – then please read on!
We believe in a diverse workforce that represents the country’s demographics. Therefore, preference will be given to AA candidates.
You are the glue that keeps the client and rest of the agency connected. Your ability to interpret client briefs and articulate the task at hand to the creative, traffic and production team is the make it or break of each client job you need to deliver on. Managing client expectations, sharp strategic skills, militant project management co-ordination of each job at hand, good budget management skills and a solid team player attitude provide the core foundation for this role.
Day to day management of client accounts
- Initiate, coordinate, and oversee all agency activities on behalf of the client
- Understand how the agency makes money and contribute to the agency’s profitability through good management
- Maintain meticulous documentation of all activities on the client’s behalf
Develop and maintain a healthy and relationship with clients
- Provide regular communication to clients and keep them updated on status of their jobs in system
- Report progress, delays and make sure the client is always in the know
- Closely control the client’s budget and timeline—to maximise ROI for both the client and the agency
- Understand your clients’ business goals and help them get there
- Propose, sell to the client, and oversee market, media, and other research studies as required
- Manage and strengthen (not merely maintain) client relationships
- Continuously offer unsolicited ideas to increase the effectiveness of the client’s company and marketing activities
- Stay abreast of all developments in the client’s industry
- Work in a harmonious manner with all internal agency departments
- Taking briefs and ensure they are in the system on time and by the creative team
- Work with all internal departments to exceed the client’s expectations and keep re-earning the client’s trust
- Brief production to draw up cost estimates based on correct and accurate you have sourced
- Submit studio and production briefs on time and with all necessary information included for creative team and production to commence their work. NB Ensure all parties clearly understood your brief
- Ongoing engagement with the finance head to achieve profitability on all accounts and chasing up on outstanding payments or approvals of cost estimates
- Work closely with the traffic manager to ensure jobs in system are completed on agreed timelines and within an agreed budget